Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some thoughts on all of this

A week ago I started this blog on a whim.

I hadn't planned anything at all - no name, no posts, nothing. I had and still have a head full of ideas about what I want to do but decided to follow Flylady and just jump in.

The main reason that I pressed the create blog button late last Tuesday evening was to see if I could do and prove to myself that I don't need to ask my computer-addict boyfriend about everything connected with a computer.
It is really fun to see my own blog online and also amazingly easy to do.

Another reason for doing this now is I've finally decided to give my film camera a rest and go digital. This was a very difficult decision for me as I really like my Olympus and it's not so old but I wanted all the advantages of digital and especially to be able to send my photos by email.

I've always enjoyed photography and love being able to snap away without having to wait to finish my film and take it to be developed before getting the results. It's also great not to have to worry about wasting money on photos that don't turn out, especially with my monkeys who can't stay still for a second.

I feel like I'm blundering about with this blog and haven't found my style yet. Last night I wondered if I should just delete everything and forget about it but I'm not going to. I've enjoyed the feedback I've received so far and will keep at it. Rome wasn't built in a day and I can't expect my blog to build itself.

I'll come back to my feelings about blogging another time.

Before I go I want to show you how much the monkeys have grown!!!


They've started playing together!!!

Yann discovered this game at his playgroup yesterday morning and didn't want to stop playing - he kept running back into the building to play more when the hour was over. So Katja (course facillitator) let him borrow it for the week.
Both children love it. They sit together and co-operate! No fighting over pieces! The hand each other pegs and help each other to pick up any that fall down! Charlotte praises Yann all the time and tells him how clever he is and how much she likes him!
They even played together at the playground this morning. Instead of complaining and wanting the swing that Yann was on, Charlotte pushed him and played around with him.

This is a major breakthrough and today was probably the most relaxed since Yann was born. I'm so happy about it.

Look how happy he is now:


No comments: