Monday, November 12, 2007

My Day

Little Monkey went to his playgroup this morning and proved his reputation by throwing himself around, climbing up the wall bars and rushing up and down the slide nearly all the time we were there. I'd been asking if we could do finger painting for a couple of weeks and was very disappointed that he didn't like it at all.
By the time the goodbye singing started he was so exhausted that he just lay on my lap, he didn't even have the strength to sit up.

He had a good nap and then we set off to pick the Bigger Monkey from Kindergarten. But where was she? Not in the downstairs playroom, not upstairs with the dolls, not in the garden. I finally found her stting in the dining/homework room - sitting at a table and writing! She had asked for homework! I was so proud of her. As a treat I let her ride on the helicopter on her way home. This photo was at the start of the ride before Little One got too scared and had to be lifted out.

After this, she told me that she wasn't hungry (an exceptional occurence) because she'd eaten so much lunch that her tummy was full. I didn't put very much thought into this but then we had to run for the bathroom and she lay down on the sofa complaining of stomach ache.
Little Monkey didn't eat any lunch but was banging on the window to show me that he wanted to go out and play. We have a handerkerchief size garden but are very lucky to live directly next to a playground with access through said garden.

I was relieved when Bigger Monkey announced that she felt better and we went out for a little while until it got dark. Little Monkey played well but his sister wasn't in a good mood. However when we came back inside she seemed O.K. whereas he went to lie down on my bed. He was extremely pale with red eyes and a temperature.

They kept going until P. arrived home ate a little and then feel asleep quickly. I hope they sleep through and are better in the mornng but I don't think that the next few days are going to be much fun.

I fell asleep on the sofa once they were in bed and woke up in the middle of a dream in which P. hadn't got home and I hadn't put the monkeys into bed. I panicked and started to run round the flat looking for them. I even thought they'd opened the door and gone out by themselves! P. heard me and did manage to convince me that all was fine and they were sleeping in their beds. - WEIRD!

No comments: